Are you ready for the next reporting cycle?
Our recent FTSE SmallCap & AIM event in London focused on how these companies can use the annual report as an opportunity to better communicate their investment story to the market.
Small and mid-size companies are a vital engine for growth in the UK economy. As such, the need for access to capital is critical in order to develop and mature. Good quality reporting forms part of a company’s strategy for growth since the annual report is considered by many investors to be a key source of information as it is always easier for a company to step up from AIM or a standard listing to a premium listing to meet those greater requirements if the company already has in place good reporting practices.
At the event, we explored:
- The Financial Reporting Council’s (FRC) Smaller Listed Company’s Reporting Project
- Investors’ views on how smaller companies can improve their reporting
- How best practice continues to evolve with the changing regulatory landscape and what companies can control
- Focus areas to improve smaller company reporting for 2016 and beyond
- How companies can cascade their annual report content to other communications channels and audiences
Speaking at the event, Phil Fitz-Gerald of the FRC stated, “Companies need to make sure the narrative within the strategic report matches up with the financials in the back end of the report”. He said that often there seems to be a disconnect between the glowing narrative of the front end and what the numbers in the financial statements are actually saying. This mismatch then causes a lack of trust in management and moreover, investor uncertainty in the company itself.
Attendees also received our latest publication of the FTSE SmallCap and AIM reporting showcase. The publication discusses the latest thinking in corporate reporting supported by commentary from industry influencers and illustrated by best practice examples from Emperor’s extensive portfolio.
For your copy of our FTSE SmallCap and AIM Reporting Showcase or presentations from the event, please email [email protected].