Posted in News on 23 November 2017 By Steve Kemp, CEO and Founder
Emperor, one of the UK’s largest independent corporate creative communications agencies, has formed a Strategic Advisory Board, bringing together experts from the reporting, corporate and digital communication world.
This new Strategic Advisory Board is chaired by Chris Stamp and includes Kathryn Cearns CBE, Chris Perry, Alison Baker, Jeremy Sice and Charles Doyle, and will help support the Emperor management team as it develops its services through its next stage of growth.
I’m excited to be working with Emperor, a company that is at the forefront of helping companies communicate effectively with their stakeholders. The challenges of the digital age make its work vital in promoting transparency and better communication in today’s complex business world
Established in 1996, Emperor specialises in stakeholder engagement and works with leading international and UK household names, growth companies and trade associations. It has a network of five offices in England, Scotland and Dubai. It has made four acquisitions over the past five years, most recently acquiring Taylor O’Brien in Manchester.
As a former Emperor client, I’ve experienced first-hand its intriguingly fresh approach to brand building. I’m delighted to be working with Emperor to help the company navigate new and expansive frontiers.
The Strategic Advisory Board will provide Emperor’s directors and senior management with guidance on strategic issues and an informed external perspective on corporate reporting, digital, marketing and brand communications, as well as regulatory and technological developments.
● Charles Doyle – successful track record in professional services and B2B marketing, communications, business strategy and development in major international service companies including JLL, Clifford Chance and Accenture.
● Kathryn Cearns CBE – specialist in financial reporting and corporate governance; member of ICAEW Council and chairs its Financial Reporting Committee; non-executive director at Companies House and the Supreme Court; external audit committee member at the IMF.
● Chris Perry – digital pioneer; founded numerous digital specialist companies, now focusing on AI and Quantum Computing start-ups in the UK and US.
● Alison Baker – former partner at PwC and EY, a senior adviser in energy, mining, hospitality, retail and transport sectors, with experience in complex and transformational cross-border transactions, business change and leadership development; champion of Women on Boards initiatives, including Women in Mining and POWERful Women; non-executive director at Kaz Minerals.
● Jeremy Sice – founder of SAS, a brand, digital and engagement agency, which sold to Publicis. He was then CEO of MSL Group in the UK and now advises creative agencies and entrepreneurs on growth strategies, injecting increased commercial acumen and talent development.
● Chris Stamp – founder of Prism Cosec, a leading company secretary and corporate governance practice, working with companies listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The strategic input from this experienced, knowledgeable and diverse group of people will be invaluable in helping us anticipate, support and sustain Emperor’s development, and in ensuring we are relevant and inspiring to our clients.
The requirement for companies to communicate and report has never been greater. It’s also imperative we stay ahead of the game on relevant industry issues outside our normal scope of activities.
Red traffic lights are not usually anything more than an irritation during my daily commute but today was a little different.
The role of employer brand is perhaps more topical than ever with millennials moving into management positions and Generation Z about to enter the workforce. But how is it being managed in 2017?
Sign up to our newsletter to receive regular updates.We promise not to spam you and you can unsubscribe at any time.
You've been added to our list and will hear from us soon.