2020 wrapped up
As we approach the last full week of the year, there’s a sense that the Christmas break has never been more needed. I'm personally very much looking forward to some down-time to recharge the batteries, ready for everything that next year will throw at us.
This being my last note of the year, I thought it would be a good time to look back on what has been a momentous, relentless, rollercoaster period. Here are just a few reflections:
- Despite the disruption, Emperor today feels more joined up and unified than ever. We’re walking taller as a business.
- We've supercharged change – from how we’re organised, updating our technology and processes, to making greater societal commitments. And there’s genuine excitement around our future.
- The support from our clients, suppliers and broader network has been fantastic and invaluable.
- We’ve formed friendships and collaborated with our competitors like never before.
- Many have thrived by working from home, while others have struggled, missing the buzz and energy of the office. We have a duty to support those who continue to find things difficult. But I couldn't be prouder of my colleagues, who have excelled despite the challenges, showing both resilience and adaptability to deliver brilliant work.
With 2020 soon to be behind us, I think it is fair to say this has been a year quite unlike any other. That we’ve adapted so well fills me with optimism and a belief that no matter the challenges 2021 throws at us (and I am sure there will be a few!) we are prepared.
Although this festive season will be different, I wish you and your families the happiest Christmas possible in this very strange year, and that you enjoy a well earned break.
I’m signing off with my favourite piece of work we created in this period, it still gives me goosebumps.