Emperor's Strategic Advisory Board
Set up in 2017, our Strategic Advisory Board is a collection of independent experts from the world of communications.
Their role is to act as advisors on our key clients and give aninformed external perspective on corporate reporting, digital, marketing and brand communications, as well as regulatoryand technological developments that may affect our clients’ businesses in the future.
I’m excited to be working with Emperor, a company that is at the forefront of helping companies communicate effectively with their stakeholders. The challenges of the digital age make its work vital in promoting transparency and better communication in today’s complex business world
Established in 1996, Emperor specialises in stakeholder engagement and works with leading international and UK household names, growth companies and trade associations. It has a network of five offices in England, Scotland and Dubai. It has made four acquisitions over the past five years, most recently acquiring Taylor O’Brien in Manchester.
As a former Emperor client, I’ve experienced first-hand its intriguingly fresh approach to brand building. I’m delighted to be working with Emperor to help the company navigate new and expansive frontiers.
The Strategic Advisory Board provides Emperor’s directors and senior management with guidance on strategic issues and an informed external perspective on corporate reporting, digital, marketing and brand communications, as well as regulatory and technological developments.
Members of Emperor’s Strategic Advisory Board:
● Dr Charles Doyle – successful track record in professional services and B2B marketing, communications, business strategy and development in major international service companies including JLL, Clifford Chance and Accenture.
● Kathryn Cearns OBE – specialist in financial reporting and corporate governance; member of ICAEW Council and chairs its Financial Reporting Committee; non-executive director at Companies House and the Supreme Court; external audit committee member at the IMF.
● Mike Barry – former Director of Sustainable Business at M&S and the co-chair of Sustainability CGF, Mike is the originator of M&S’s ‘Plan A’ strategy in 2007, a 180-point plan developed with an overarching aim of making M&S the “most sustainable retailer in the UK”.
● Alison Baker – former partner at PwC and EY, a senior adviser in energy, mining, hospitality, retail and transport sectors, with experience in complex and transformational cross-border transactions, business change and leadership development; champion of Women on Boards initiatives, including Women in Mining and POWERful Women; non-executive director at Kaz Minerals.
● Chris Stamp – founder of Prism Cosec and an experienced company secretarial and corporate governance practitioner. Helps UK and international companies establish and maintain excellent standards of corporate governance.
The strategic input from this experienced, knowledgeable and diverse group of people is invaluable in helping us anticipate, support and sustain Emperor’s development, and in ensuring we continue to be relevant and inspiring to our clients.
The requirement for companies to communicate and report has never been greater. It’s also imperative we stay ahead of the game on relevant industry issues outside our normal scope of activities.